Friday, January 21, 2011

What to Pack for India

In two weeks I am going to be flying to India. It's a very long flight. I hope I can sleep some, but I am also bringing parts of my novel to work on and knitting.

So, I have to decide which projects to pack.

Knowing me, I think I'm going to want variety, rather than one major project.

1) I still have two things I am supposed to finish for February in the WIP finishing. I will take the back of Argyle and the sleeves of the twin set (and not pack all the parts). I will copy the instructions instead of bringing the whole book for the twin set.

2) Socks. I think I will be able to finish the January KAL sock before I go, so I can bring the February sock instructions and yarn

3) Other possibilities:

-I've been working on a smocked turtleneck and it is very boring knitting, many inches of 2X2 rib. There might be opportunities for no-thinking knitting, like on a car trip where I'll want to look at the sights too.

-Something new and fun, like adrift cardigan in soft butter malibrigo or my first clapotis

-A huge project I've started is the Issara jacket, that would be bulky, take up a lot of space, and so I don't think I'll bring it.

I don't want to bring too much, but I don't want to run out either, and I am capable of being an extremely fast knitter if I'm motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment